- English Theory books for your theory test.
- Access to all theory tests in English, either online or at the driving school facilities.
- Theory lessons in English. Intensive courses which enable you to pass theory test within 2 weeks.
- Driving lessons taught in English.
At AUTOESCUELA JONIA we have all of the necessary materials and experienced teachers ready to help you pass the examination with ease.
- A certificate of mental and physical fitness issued by the Authorised Drivers Check Centre. (This certificate is valid for a period of 90 days)
- Four passport-sized photographs (32x26 mm)
- Photocopy (and original) of a Spanish residence permit (Residencia).
- Proof of address in Spain dated within 3 months (empadronamiento) available from the local Town Hall.
The tests to obtain the license include: a THEORETICAL EXAMINATION of 30 multiple choice questions where a maximum of 3 mistakes is allowed. Test can be undertaken in Spanish, English, French and German.
A set number of hours of training must be completed with a driving school. The PRACTICAL TEST is taken in Spanish and it is done on public roads of Alicante. It lasts approximately 25 minutes.
The practical test is taken in a driving school (dual control) car and the driving instructor accompanies the examiner and person being tested. The examiner gives instructions in Spanish to the driving student.
All licenses issued by the European Union are valid in Spain. Other licenses are valid provided they have not expired and that the driver has not been a Spanish resident for more than 6 months. (As a resident, you can use your license for 6 months, but after this period you must obtain a Spanish license).
After these 6 months the license holder must:
- Co-validate his or her license for a Spanish license if there is an agreement with the country in which your license was issued. (Argelia, Argentina, Bolivia, Brasil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, El Salvador, Filipinas, Guatemala, Macedonia, Marruecos, Nicaragua, Panamá, Paraguay, Perú, República Dominicana, Serbia, Túnez, Turquía, Ucrania, Uruguay and Venezuela).
- Obtain a Spanish license.